Edward Hands & Lewis Solicitors and Sheltons Solicitors are trading names and are owned and operated by Edward Hands and Lewis Limited trading from 299 Main Street, Bulwell, Nottingham, England, NG6 8ED. A full list is available upon request.
The following terms listed below set out the basis upon which you may use and have access to this website and obtain quotes from this site. If you do not agree with these terms you must not access the website or seek to obtain any quotation from the website.
Application of terms
These terms as amended by us from time to time apply to your use of this website. By accessing this site and/or obtaining a quotation you agree to be bound by these terms.
The agreement between us does not include any other terms, an oral statement. Any terms or documents or statements purported by you the client shall have no legally binding effect and shall not prevail over these terms.
Any statements, marketing material, video material, images or brochures used by us on this website or otherwise shall be only for illustrative and marketing purposes to give an approximate idea about the service you will receive.
You will on accepting a quote engage directly with Edward Hands and Lewis Limited. We are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and our registered practice number is 533589.We may at any time assign or sub-contract or otherwise transfer our rights under these terms at any time to another entity and we will notify you on doing so.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights on this site. You do not have any rights to use the content of the site or such intellectual property or data without our express permission.
All information has been published in good faith and every effort has been made to ensure accuracy. If you do spot any inaccuracy, please notify us and we will endeavour to rectify it.
We cannot guarantee that this website and the contents herein will operate in accordance with your expectations. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of a quote and the information supplied we cannot guarantee it will be error free.
Failure to provide the correct information shall be your sole responsibility and no liability shall be afforded to us.We cannot guarantee that the service provided to you will be uninterrupted and you must at all times use virus checking software when using this website.
Nothing in this agreement shall limit our liability for death, personal injury, or fraud nor any other liability which cannot be limited or excluded by law.
Your use of the website
You may only use the website for lawful purposes. You shall not:
• Access the website content by any other means than using the navigational structure of the website
• Use the website to receive, access or transmit material that promotes violence, is unauthorised, unlawful, inflammatory, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, defamatory, hateful, threatening, degrading, racist, deceptive, in breach of confidence, or in breach of third party intellectual property rights;
• monitor/access the Website or any of the Website’s content other than by using the Website’s navigational structure or for any purpose other than that expressly permitted in these Conditions;
• do anything which places an unreasonably large load on the Website, or its supporting computer systems;
• attempt to disrupt or interfere with the Website in anyway or with another person’s use of the Website (including monitoring any aspect of such use), or use the Website as a means of disrupting or interfering with other websites
• crawl, scrape, probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Website;
• use or attempt to use any device to obtain personal data and/or information through the Website;
• promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
• be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
• harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
• insert or knowingly or recklessly transmit or distribute a virus into our network and computer systems so as to cause harm to the Website, us or other users or which is likely to bring the Website or us into disrepute;
• impersonate any person, or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
• promote any illegal activity;
• breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
• assist, encourage or permit any other person to do any of the acts described above.
• not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the Website in contravention of the provisions of these Conditions
• not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
• others’ use of the Website;
• any part of the Website:
• any equipment or network on which the Website is stored;
• any software used in the provision of the Website;
• any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party. All the above are forbidden regardless of the means used, including hacking or by the introduction of any worms, trojans, virus or other software.
• wilfully corrupt any data, documents or material available on the Website
You agree to indemnify us and keep us indemnified including our officers, directors and agents on demand from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs, penalties expenses, including reasonable legal fees arising out of your breach of these terms and conditions and/or your use of this website.
Third party links
To enhance the use of this site and to provide further guidance we may provide third party links. We do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for those links and the content or your use of any third party sites linked to our site.
The terms and all other conditions contained herein shall be subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.