Three offices, located at Bulwell, Carlton and Hucknall, Sheltons with its broad general practice base and friendly highly skilled legal teams, is meeting the legal needs of the 21st century for the residents and businesses of the communities in which its offices are based.
How Sheltons began
A Yorkshire man, Edward Leslie Robson, started the firm in 1934. During 1939-1945 Edward Robson was the Clerk to Hucknall-Torkard District Council. After the war he bought Halifax House in Station Road (adjacent to Belmont House our current Hucknall Office) where he practised as E. Leslie Robson.
Early in the 1950’s Godfrey R Bolsover joined the firm and it became known as “Robson & Godfrey R Bolsover”. On the departure of Mr Bolsover to set up a practice in Nottingham the firm reverted to “E Leslie Robson” until George Shelton joined later in the 1950’s when it became “Robson & Shelton”. In 1965 Mr Tomlinson joined the firm and it became “George Shelton & Co.”
Continuing to grow as the current partners joined the firm, its name became “Sheltons”, the name by which it is known today.
The business at Hucknall grew as the town grew and additional offices opened during the 1970’s and 80’s.
The firm continues under the guidance of its current partners, to develop and adapt to the ever changing needs of the the present day